The Naturgy Foundation has initiated the second edition of a Technology Competition that will take place from September 2019 to May 2020. The initiative is designed for 14-16-year-old secondary school students across Spain and aims to promote the values of energy efficiency and technological, professions from a young age.
It is free to take part in the competition, which asks students to propose a solution that will contribute to improving the planet, through energy efficiency. This educational activity aims to motivate and raise awareness and interest in energy, strengthen the research ability of young people and inspire curiosity and creativity, while developing teamwork and communication skills.
- Encourage research in schools by identifying problems and finding solutions.
- Highlight the importance of good communication in research, developing communication skills.
- Provide resources for teachers to work with technology and natural sciences in the classroom.
- Place value on the scientific work carried out in secondary school classrooms.
Subjects and issues:
- Science and technology relating to energy.
- Energy efficiency.
- Energy mix/energy sources.
- Air quality.