Naturgy Foundation, ADECUA and CEC agree to work together to promote responsible energy consumption
The partnership agreement was signed by the Chairman of the Naturgy Foundation in Argentina, Horacio Cristiani, the Chairman of CEC, Susana Andrada and the Chairman of ADECUA, Sandra González.
The aim of this agreement is to promote the responsible, efficient and secure use of a natural and non-renewable resource such as natural gas. They are all responsible for making the public aware that by making small adjustments at home they can enjoy the convenience and services of natural gas while saving on consumption.
That is why they agreed to hold seminars, informative talks, viral activities and other campaigns together to help promote efficient energy consumption.
The Naturgy Foundation, CEC and ADECUA put forward the following recommendations for using energy responsibly:
- Heat only the rooms with people in and at a reasonable temperature (18° C approx.). Heaters and radiators should not be covered by furniture or curtains. This avoids accidents and improves heat distribution.
- Use the thermostat to control the temperature in the rooms. Do not open the window to lower the temperature.
- Reduce draughts from doors and windows by using draught excluders while making sure the room is properly ventilated.
- Do not use heating appliances to dry clothes.
- Wear warm clothes at home.
- Use hot water only when necessary and heat it to a suitable temperature. Do not waste water or gas as they are limited resources.
- If you have a boiler, control the water temperature with the knobs or buttons. Avoid mixing hot water with cold water. This way you will save gas and prolong the appliance’s service life.
- Use a shower with a good shower head that disperses the water well.
- If you have an immersion heater, control the temperature and thermally insulate the appliance if it is outside the property.
- Do not take too long when showering.
- Never use the stoves or the oven to heat rooms.
- Use the oven in moderation (the gas used for one oven is equivalent to three small stoves).
- Cook with the lid on and reduce the flame when it is about to boil.
- Adjust the flame on the stoves to the diameter of the bottom of the container and keep them covered. If the flame extends beyond the bottom of the container, it does not heat it more quickly and if it is uncovered, it loses heat.
- When it reaches boiling point, reduce the flame. When it is cooked, turn it off.
The pilot light
- Keep the pilot light on only when using the appliances. 5% of the total natural gas consumption in Argentina came from when appliances are not being used but the pilot light remains on.
- If you change boiler or immersion heater, always choose the most efficient: Class A.
The Foundation carries out ongoing international activities in ten countries where the company does business, carrying out projects that make a positive contribution to society and promote energy inclusion. In 2018, the Foundation also developed the “Emprendedores Sociales” (Social Entrepreneurs) volunteer programme and the “Asociar Energías” (Connect to Energy) programme, which encouraged responsible energy use.