School awards to promote STEM vocations
The Naturgy Foundation launches the third edition of the Efigy Technology Competition for the 2020-2021 school year. The initiative is designed for 14-16-year-old secondary school students across Spain and aims to promote the values of energy efficiency and technological professions from a young age.
It is free to take part in the competition, which asks students to propose a solution that will contribute to improving the planet through energy efficiency. This educational activity aims to motivate and raise awareness and interest in energy, strengthen the research ability of young people and inspire curiosity and creativity, while developing teamwork and communication skills.
The Award Ceremony of this third edition will be streamed live on Wednesday 12 May from 12 to 2 pm
Take a look at previous editions:
Summary of the 3rd Efigy Technology Competition
Summary of the 2nd Efigy Technology Competition
Summary of the 1st Efigy Technology Competition
The Efigy Technology Competition, step by step
Participants in the competition can receive a certificate and money towards technological school materials.
The Competition is endorsed by the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) and the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC)
- Encourage research in schools by identifying problems and finding solutions.
- Highlight the importance of good communication in research, developing communication skills.
- Provide resources for teachers to work with technology and natural sciences in the classroom.
- Place value on the scientific work carried out in secondary school classrooms.
Subjects and issues:
- Air quality in cities.
- Energy efficiency.
- Energy innovation for the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Sustainable mobility.