Events, Courses and Seminars
The Naturgy Foundation organises environmental training and awareness events, courses and seminars throughout Spain and in some countries where it does business. They cover issues relating to energy and the environment, climate change, rational and efficient use of energy, alternative technologies, natural gas in transport and sustainable construction. Technological, social, economical and political aspects related to these topics are also discussed.
The Foundation assesses each one of the activities it organises to ensure ongoing improvement. To that end, assessment files are produced that summarise the content, attendee opinions, event photos, available materials and repercussions in the press about the events organised.
LThe foundation publishes texts on these same topics in various levels of detail and scope. It commissions and publishes four types of publications: books, notebooks, educational texts and information files. All of them can be accessed for free via this website.
- Technical Guides. Books (of between 150 and 300 pages) dealing with technological, economic, sociological and environmental issues relating to recent trends in the field of energy throughout its life cycle (extraction, transport, transformation, distribution and consumption). These books are based on original studies and research commissioned by the Naturgy Foundation from leading Spanish experts on each topic.
- Notebooks. Brief texts (of between 50 and 100 pages) on more specific issues within the same themes as the technical guides.
- Educational Texts. Abstract summaries on topics tackled in the aforementioned books, accompanied by graphics, charts and illustrations. These are specifically designed for training, communication or teaching activities at schools, universities, social organisations, companies and public authorities. These texts are produced by technical staff at the Naturgy Foundation with support from the authors or researchers.
All these publications and all the presentations given at seminars by the foundation go on to form part of a Knowledge Bank that is open to all users of this website. This documentation is classified on this website into eight sections:
- Environmental and energy diagnoses
- Energy, the environment and society
- Generation, distribution and storage of electricity and energy
- Energy in agriculture, farming and fisheries
- Energy in the home
- Energy in the service sector
- Energy in industry
- Energy in transport
- The energy and the environment business sector