This foundation develops and implements its own projects, which are aligned with its mission to educate, spread knowledge and raise awareness about matters related to energy and the environment. Its main objective is to promote the rational usage of energy resources and encourage sustainable development in order to contribute towards the current energy transition and the challenges of the future, based on serious and rigorous discussion.
- On a more professional level, it organises seminars and conferences with national and international speakers, including the “Energy Prospectives” cycle carried out alongside the IESE Business School. It also publishes studies on matters related to energy and the environment.
- It has a wide variety of programmes and initiatives to spread knowledge and raise awareness among the youngest members of society including Efigy Education, which is developed in schools, and the Energy Challenge, a mobile experience that travels the length and breadth of Spain to encourage youngsters to think about the challenges posed by the energy transition.
Meanwhile, the Foundation, aware of the problems of current society, wants to fight a social reality that affects an ever greater section of society: energy vulnerability.
- In Spain, it has three main programmes:
- the Energy Rehabilitation Solidarity Fund, to improve the homes of vulnerable families;
- the Energy School, to train social services professionals and families on matters related to energy efficiency and responsible consumption;
- and Energy Volunteering, to provide advice to vulnerable families.
- Internationally, it drives energy-related social projects that are adapted to the specific needs of each country.